For customers that previously had an active line of credit open with SelfScore, you were most likely migrated to a Deserve card in the Summer of 2018.
The reasons behind this change was two-fold:
- We changed our name from SelfScore to Deserve in Autumn of 2017. Read more about this name change here: https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/deserve-selfscore-rebrand-edu-pro-classic/
- We are using a new card issuer that provides EMV Chip cards for added security
Here's a couple of quick facts about this migration:
- Be sure to activate your new Deserve card as soon as it arrives
- The Deserve card will have a different card number and expiration date from your SelfScore card
- The Deserve card will replace your SelfScore card. Once it has been activated, the SelfScore card will cease to work. Use your Deserve card moving forward
- If your new Deserve card is not activated by August 15th, it will cease to function
- This will replace SelfScore when reported to Credit Reporting Bureaus and will not show up as a separate line of credit
If you happen to have any issues with this migration or with activating your new card, don't hesitate to reach out!